doula training birth & post natal
Doula Training Courses sydney
Would you like to train as a Birth or Post Natal Doula quickly and easily in a very kind and supportive atmosphere? Now you can with Julie’s Doula Training Courses in Sydney.
Birth and Post Natal Doulas are trained by Julie to provide emotional, physical and informational support during pregnancy, labour, birth and the Baby’s 1st Year.
Julie has written the most amazing comprehensive, yet simple and easy to follow, Doula Course Workbook which will provide a structure for your learning at your own pace week by week.
The amazing workbook is filled with all the best ideas to get you started on this fantastic journey, beautiful pics which will convey some of the incredible concepts that words can’t convey, all the “how to’s” on:
- Attracting and meeting clients,
- How to conduct the first coffee chat interview,
- Basic counselling techniques & communicating effectively with clients,
- Meeting the woman’s needs physically and emotionally.
Hypothetical exercises are a fun way of exploring lots of “What If” situations and Julie has added these all to the workbook to enable plenty of exploration for preparing Doulas for a variety of smart solutions.
There is a complete overview of Pregnancy, labour, birth and early Bonding to assist Doulas gain thorough knowledge of every step along the way.
- Quick ready reference tables to signpost all the steps through all the labour phases empower Doulas to be very knowledgeable and confident.
- Guidelines on being a respected, balanced, professional and successful happy Doula are provided.
- Notes pages help Doulas keep all their jottings, extra thoughts and ideas all in organised locations in the workbook.
Presented in a clear, concise, simple, straightforward way the workbook is a brilliant inspirational valuable asset for the Doulas to keep referring to for years to come.
Course curriculum includes but is not limited to these topics.
- The finer art of all the important comfort measures for labour,
- the active birth positioning and details for effective pushing positions,
- maintaining an intact perineum,
- magnificent massage techniques that make women release and relax,
- the details of breath work,
- conserving the labouring woman’s energy so she’s not exhausted,
- how to deal with breech positions,
- acupuncture acupressure points for overdue and during labour,
- suggestions for challenging situations,
- tips on how to observe and listen carefully to a labouring woman to be able to match up your skills with what she needs at the right moment
- How to help women use their own facilities at home during pre-labour and early labour prior to coming into the hospital,
- the use of hospital facilities and being aware of how hospitals vary in what they offer.
- Waterbirth, benefits, setting up, what to expect.
- Stages of labour.
- Enhancing partner’s role.
- Being part of the team if other friends and family are present.
- Maintaining harmony and calmness during challenges.
- Physiology, anatomy, hormones.
- Enhancing partner’s role, boosting his/her confidence, ensuring he/she is taking care of themselves with sufficient food, breaks if required.
- Bonding and the first breastfeed.
- Follow up appointments debriefing the birth experience afterwards.
- Video footage of births.
- Small group discussions.
- Delicious lunches.
- Laughs. Fun.
- You will be astounded by how much you gain personally from attending this course with Julie.
frequently asked doula questions
What is the difference between Birth Doula Training or Post Natal Doula Training?
Is there much work for Birth Doulas or Post Natal Doulas?
Who is ideal to train as a Birth Doula or Post Natal Doula?
Are Birth Doulas or Post Natal Doulas warmly welcomed and accepted by midwives in the delivery suites, birth centres and at homebirths?
Are Obstetricians happily endorsing the work of both Birth Doulas and Post Natal Doulas?
Is it true you need to be a nurse or midwife or doctor first?
Are the Birth Doula course or Post Natal Doula course quick and easy to complete?
Are partner’s happy to have a trained Birth Doula or Post Natal Doula present to assist?
Is Julie Clarke a qualified Facilitator, Birth Educator, Trainer and Assessor?
Will Julie be available to keep on helping, supporting and mentoring me after the course is over?
When am I allowed to begin attending Births as a Birth Doula or assisting new mothers at home as a Post Natal Doula?
When do I receive my Certification of Completion of the Birth Doula or Post Natal Doula Course?
Are the Birth Doula or Post Natal Doula courses tax deductible?
Payment Questions: Doula Training Courses Sydney
Yes, payment plans are available either of the courses using cash, credit cards, direct deposit, spread over a couple of days, weeks or months (or) your own preference prior to the commencement of the course.
Simply select which course you would like to do and the duration and divide the price by how many payments you’d like to make. It’s easy when paying $2000 split it into 2 x $1000 or 4 x $500
Unsure? Call Julie to talk it through 0401265530
All fees must be paid prior to the course starting, which is a standard requirement of any vocational course.
Yes, there is an online course for only $500 for Birth Doula’s or Post Natal Doulas who are unable to travel to Sydney. Julie has had a lot of requests.
If this is the easiest option for you and you change your mind and want to do the Face 2 Face version of the course instead, that’s fine Julie will allow you to credit the $500 payment for the Online course towards any other version of the course you’d love to do whether it’s 3 days or more.
You will be assisted to UPGRADE if you decide you’d like to have the close guidance, assistance and helpful support direct from Julie who will be delighted to welcome you to her lovely venue.
The option of asking family and friends to purchase gift certificates for you for your birthday, Christmas presents and Mother’s Day presents could accumulate enough to assist you towards being able to purchase the course.
You’ll find the option of gift certificates in the bookings/shop section of the website.
Or perhaps you are in a close-knit community such as a church group who may be able to provide sponsorship by raising funds to assist you, so in turn you’ll be enabled to provide trained birth support to the parish you belong to.
Or negotiate a payment plan with Julie – simply discuss it with her 0401265530 or email [email protected]
Yes, it’s perfectly understandable that once you have a feel for the Birth Doula Course and your confidence has increased, you decide you’d like to take it a step further and attend in person and enjoy the small group atmosphere.
Julie will kindly support you in this journey by allowing you to put the $500 already invested towards any of the 3, 4, 5, or 9 day options which will suit your schedule. The deduction of $500 will make the face to face course more accessible and affordable for you.
Use the form below if you would like to know more about the Doula Courses
Contact Julie Clarke
Ask a questions below. For emergencies call 000 or visit your nearest hospital