Julie’s Transition into Parenthood antenatal course covers all labour and birth support strategies, practicalities for women and their partners; “must know” facts and “how to” aspects of birthing and caring for newborn babies. The sessions go way beyond hospital course content. Pregnant couples will feel empowered and confident when they’ve complete this amazing, fun and informative class. This is a popular class with a reputation of being thorough, fun, interesting and social.
Suitable from 20 weeks, it helps signpost the way through the last weeks of pregnancy, what to expect in labour, birth including practicalities of baby care, the first weeks with a newborn and parenting.Covering labour and birth, breathing, active birth positioning, and includes a special focus on skills and techniques for keeping birth normal and minimising the use of medical intervention when appropriate.
Julie’s courses comprehensively cover what the hospital courses would cover – and a whole lot more! Having worked in a large tertiary maternity hospital for 12 years, Julie knows the topics covered in hospitals well. Many midwives and obstetricians recommend this class over the hospital course, they see a significant difference in preparedness and confidence in the couples who have attended Julie’s class
About the Venue
- Bottomless Beverages: all types of teas, coffees, chai latte, hot chocolate, herbals, chilled juices and iced water
- Complimentary Break Snacks: morning tea and snacks are all provided – biscuits, fruit, chips, popcorn
- Wear: loose, casual, comfortable clothing, we kick off shoes at the door so bring socks also
- Venue: air-conditioned, friendly, relaxed, clean, peaceful, comfortable, smoke-free, with a bathroom close by
- Shopping: Products available: birthing and baby care books, music relaxation CD’s, approved gel hot packs
- Parking: free, easy and right out front – conveniently close and safe
- Lunch: Picnic style in Julie’s lovely tranquil garden – picnic rugs supplied for your comfort
- Facilities: microwave, large fridge, urn for boiling water, crockery, cutlery, serviettes
- See the photos in gallery here Gallery
This course covers “everything possible to cover” in just one day and is awesome. This super condensed course is very quick and convenient course as it only involves attendance for one day, starting at 9am and finishing at 5pm.
It is the most time efficient course available anywhere, covering: Pregnancy, Labour and Birth in the morning, and then Babycare and Parenting during the newborn period, the first twelve weeks, in the afternoon. This course is brilliantly designed for shift workers, very busy couples, particularly those who are very busy with their own business to run and can’t spare much time at a course.
This course is also terrific for couples who are wanting to refresh their knowledge, having already had a baby, and now needing to prepare for their second, third, fourth or subsequent baby. Course materials are made freely available as part of the super-condensed package, as well as an unlimited variety of teas and coffees, delicious snacks and full comprehensive course notes.
Julie normally only runs this one day super condensed course once a month or once every two months, so if it’s what you’re after be sure to book in as quickly as you can to secure your position. There are limited places in each course. BYO lunch, be reassured that refrigeration and a microwave are available for your use. Very comfortable air-conditioned venue.