The Mindful Birth course developed by Julie after years of personal and professional experience provides pregnant couples with all the knowledge, confidence, insights and easy-to-achieve skills for training the mind, body and heart for achieving a calm positive childbirth and early parenting and beyond.
Mindful birth understands and explains the instinctual mind and body connection in childbirth and how a woman’s emotional state influences the birth both mentally and physically. The program is founded on research from neuroscience, midwifery, obstetrics and epigenetics; and uses the extensive understanding of the relaxation response and its influence on birth.
Pregnant couples who attend the course are delighted to find it resonates with their own instinctive ideas, beliefs, common sense and intuition. It is clinically and scientifically proven. Mindful Birth is recognized as one of the most holistic, thorough and collaboratively designed course that addresses the needs of birthing couples on an emotional and physical level. The program therefore, is designed and continues to be updated in collaboration with experts, including a range of birthing, education and mind-body specialists. This ensures that the Mindful Birth program continues to meet the needs of birthing couples at both an emotional and physical level while helping to improve the maternity services and birthing outcomes in Australia.
Study Mode: 4 Week (Evenings)
Location: Sylvania – a pretty suburb only 20 mins south of airport
Cost: $350 per couple
What to Bring: bottle of water, lunch, and nibbles – yes you can eat and drink during the session
This course provides pregnant couples with all the knowledge, confidence, insights and easy-to-achieve skills for training the mind, body and heart for achieving a calm positive childbirth and early parenting and beyond.
Participants in this session will:
- Gain a greater understanding of the role of chemical messages; known as hormones play a vital role in the speeding up or slowing down of the labour process; identifying disruptors and how partners can influence this
- Gain insights into why there are so many horror birth stories and the good birth skills on how to avoid those issues with sensible balanced strategies
- Be able to identify the stages of labour, what they are and how to work with them
- Develop breathing techniques to provide the ideal safe level of oxygenation for mother and baby,
- Develop breathing techniques to quickly trigger the mind and body relaxation response for use during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond into parenting
- Create mindfulness skills for self-awareness, self-control and self-discipline
- Learn creative visualisation methods for identifying and achieving personal goals for labour, birth and beyond
- Become more understanding and comfortable of the emotional side of pregnancy
- Valuable insights into language, wording, enhancing mood, optimal support
- Acupressure techniques to overcome challenges in pregnancy such as breech, overdue, posterior
- Be able to identify 5 ways to achieve a positive healthy safe birth
- Be able to overcome fears, anxieties, mild concerns, self-doubts
- Address the top 3 fears of pregnant women with 10 clear logical solutions:
- Have the opportunity to clarify any points they’ve been considering since session 1 having a good break of at least a week or more between sessions allows attendees to process the information without the overwhelming rush of a rapidly condensed weekend course
- Attendees will learn to navigate the signposts on the pathway towards achieving a normal, healthy, safe, satisfying birth with easy-to-follow clear explanations from Julie using scientifically proven details to uncover what will hamper the process of labour and what will enable the efficient and comfortable progress of labour
- Receive a complete overview of session 1 and 2 to remind of session 1 and then build further skills in session 2 – linking the two sessions together – bridging the information
- Continue to learn more advanced visualisation skills, refine the breathing and relaxation skills with practice to cement the experience
- Gain specific valuable insights into the use of positive statements; affirmations and how to apply
- Partners will develop advanced massage techniques to enhance relaxation that pregnant women adore
- Insights on how to minimise undesired experiences using updated revised style of birth planning
- Be able to identify 5 ways to work harmoniously and effectively with midwives, OB’s and all hospital staff to achieve a wonderful positive birth experience you’ll be delighted to remember
- Enjoy several profound relaxation segments experiencing Julie’s calming voice providing guidance with instruction to become deeply relaxed in preparation for birth
- Attendees will have the pleasure of learning easily, simply, comfortably via a blend of relaxation, guided imagery specifically on how to respond to labour in a rational manner without fear
- Women and their partners develop a greater understanding of the potential for growth within their relationship, how to strengthen their relationship, deepen their bond as the most emotionally rewarding experience in which their beautiful new baby is born.