About the Course
the Calm Mindful Birth course
This course provides pregnant couples with all the knowledge, confidence, insights and easy-to-achieve skills for training the mind, body and heart for achieving a calm positive childbirth and early parenting and beyond.
The Mindful Birth course developed by Julie after years of personal and professional experience provides pregnant couples with all the knowledge, confidence, insights and easy-to-achieve skills for training the mind, body and heart for achieving a calm positive childbirth and early parenting and beyond.
what's included in the calm mindful birth course
- The Mindful Hypno Birthing Book by Sophie Fletcher
- 12 Audio Files of my voice covering relaxation visualisation segments
- 1 x MP3 file of beautiful relaxation music suitable to play during labour and 2 documentaries (clients provide the USB stick and I download from my computer and give it to them to keep)
- 1 sample bag called a Baobag with brochures, free samples of quality mum and bub products
- Direct access to Julie via mobile, email, text anytime they have questions, problems, require assistance.
- All attendees have the opportunity to contract Julie as their Birth Doula; Julie not available to non-attendees of the courses.
- All attendees have the opportunity to contract Julie to assist them with the Baby Care Support Service.
- All mums have the opportunity to come along to Julie's free "Pram Walking Group at Cronulla" one weekday morning each week.
Benefits you will gain from attending the Calm Mindful Birth Course
- Provides a rich combination of proven techniques using special breathing, deep relaxation, visualisation, easy meditation and mindful concepts
- Provides layers of information to overcome fear, tension, anxiety, pain, stress, self-doubt to create of sense of self-control, comfortable self-awareness and increased confidence,
- Gives guidance on how to create a harmonious ability between mind and body in preparation for labour and birth to occur more easily, quicker and safely,
- The reduction of stress hormones Adrenalin and Cortisol during pregnancy using these techniques will mean a calmer hormone environment for the unborn baby
- This course does give good clear logical explanations to provide the pregnant woman and her partner with simple clarity on how to achieve a normal birth
- Those who do require medical assistance will be supported by all the provided information in their journey and be more content and resolved with the outcome as a result of the balanced approach of the content
- The life skills learnt in this course will continue to support you to remain grounded, balanced, with reduced anxiety in life generally for decades of parenting and beyond into the future
Benefits You and Your Partner Will Gain from attending Both of the Courses with Julie during your mid-late pregnancy
- Julie ensures each of her courses are wholesome, enriching, supportive, positive, and potentially increases the well-being of each participant
- Julie shares unique details in each course without doubling up or repeating or cross over of information - don't hesitate to book both, look forward to gaining wisdom
- You will gain a lot of useful, practical knowledge quickly and easily in a comfortable lounge environment, without any stress, pressure, or embarrassment
- Couples achieve a strong sense of becoming a more effective team in readiness for working together throughout birth and beyond into raising children as great parents
- To positively enhance the increased communication and bonding which naturally occurs during pregnancy, for each pregnant couple, to reduce the risk of family breakdown later
- To assist each mum and dad-to-be to thrive in their respective roles, to increase understanding, respect, togetherness, relationship bond and closeness so vital to begin parenthood
- These courses tend to automatically reduce anxiety and depression during your pregnancy which may possibly reduce post-partum depression risk as well
Mindful Birth 1st session:
Participants in this session will:
- Gain a greater understanding of the role of chemical messages; known as hormones play a vital role in the speeding up or slowing down of the labour process; identifying disruptors and how partners can influence this
- Gain insights into why there are so many horror birth stories and the good birth skills on how to avoid those issues with sensible balanced strategies
- Be able to identify the stages of labour, what they are and how to work with them
- Develop breathing techniques to provide the ideal safe level of oxygenation for mother and baby,
- Develop breathing techniques to quickly trigger the mind and body relaxation response for use during pregnancy, childbirth and beyond into parenting
- Create mindfulness skills for self-awareness, self-control and self-discipline
- Learn creative visualisation methods for identifying and achieving personal goals for labour, birth and beyond
- Become more understanding and comfortable of the emotional side of pregnancy
- Valuable insights into language, wording, enhancing mood, optimal support
- Acupressure techniques to overcome challenges in pregnancy such as breech, overdue, posterior
- Be able to identify 5 ways to achieve a positive healthy safe birth
- Be able to overcome fears, anxieties, mild concerns, self-doubts
- Address the top 3 fears of pregnant women with 10 clear logical solutions
Mindful Birth 2nd Session:
This session will consolidate the concepts of session 1 and bring in more advanced techniques for relaxation skills for pregnancy, labour, birth and parenting.
Participants in this session will:
- Have the opportunity to clarify any points they’ve been considering since session 1 having a good break of at least a week or more between sessions allows attendees to process the information without the overwhelming rush of a rapidly condensed weekend course
- Attendees will learn to navigate the signposts on the pathway towards achieving a normal, healthy, safe, satisfying birth with easy-to-follow clear explanations from Julie using scientifically proven details to uncover what will hamper the process of labour and what will enable the efficient and comfortable progress of labour
- Receive a complete overview of session 1 and 2 to remind of session 1 and then build further skills in session 2 – linking the two sessions together – bridging the information
- Continue to learn more advanced visualisation skills, refine the breathing and relaxation skills with practice to cement the experience
- Gain specific valuable insights into the use of positive statements; affirmations and how to apply
- Partners will develop advanced massage techniques to enhance relaxation that pregnant women adore
- Insights on how to minimise undesired experiences using updated revised style of birth planning
- Be able to identify 5 ways to work harmoniously and effectively with midwives, OB’s and all hospital staff to achieve a wonderful positive birth experience you’ll be delighted to remember
- Enjoy several profound relaxation segments experiencing Julie’s calming voice providing guidance with instruction to become deeply relaxed in preparation for birth
- Attendees will have the pleasure of learning easily, simply, comfortably via a blend of relaxation, guided imagery specifically on how to respond to labour in a rational manner without fear
- Women and their partners develop a greater understanding of the potential for growth within their relationship, how to strengthen their relationship, deepen their bond as the most emotionally rewarding experience in which their beautiful new baby is born.
Julie is able to help you develop these skills easily with a logical approach to enable you to have the most comfortable, easy going experience with the minimal medical intervention.
All midwives and obstetricians are extremely positive about the outcomes for women and their babies after they’ve completed the Mindful birth course with Julie Clarke.