Would You Like to Train As A Birth Doula?
Julie runs courses – details https://www.julieclarke.com.au/product-category/doula-training/
Would Your Like to Hire A Birth Doula?
Julie links her course attendees with her trained qualified Doulas – talk with Julie 95446441
Would You Like To Have Julie Clarke By Your Side As Your Birth Doula?
Julie Clarke’s Labour Support Doula Information
I have been a Birth Doula for 30 years, and attended about 150 births with compassion, tenderness, sensitivity, positivity and a rich repertoire of strategies to use as comfort measures, solutions to challenges and my very calming voice to sooth everyone.
Currently all my birth support Doula work is given exclusively to the couples who’ve come through the Mindful Birth course as well as the Transition into Parenthood course, in this way I am confident they are well prepared, well informed and have a great understanding of how we achieve a positive, empowering birth.
By getting to know each other well during the sessions, we are able to communicate and work together extremely well.
My availability is provided for the couples who have attended both my courses, I value the fact that they have taken the time to take responsibility for their education, becoming informed and paid me the respect and courtesy to attend my courses.
We have become familiar, developed a relationship and friendship based on mutual respect and trust.
If you are keen to have me as your birth support person, I would be honoured and delighted to be there for you. Together we can work towards achieving the birth you would like.
What I can do to help during your labour:… Provide soothing massage, showers, baths, hot packs, use of your home or hospital facilities such as beanbags, pillows, assist with relaxation breathing techniques, provide reassurance for both of you and any other family members you have come along, maintain a tranquil peaceful setting, keep distractions to a minimum.
Bring an understanding of labour and birth pain as a woman who has been there before twice, a positive acceptance of the process as it unfolds, providing ice-chips, preparing food and drinks for you and partner and other extra support people, carry out any of your preferences from your birth plan i.e. take photos, video, audio recording, help you to re-focus during difficult patches if required, assist with positioning for your comfort, be with you in a gentle, quiet, calming way…
I can’t make any medical decisions on your behalf, but I can be your advocate and support you in your written birth plan preferences.
I am not argumentative or obstructive towards medical staff, but will help you communicate and support your decisions.
The fee of $3,500 covers:
– inclusion of both of my courses TiP (Transition into Parenthood) and the CMB (Calm Mindful Birth Course) for both you and your partner, however if you’ve already done the 2 courses and you decide you’d like to have me at your birth I’ll reduce the price by the cost you’ve already paid for the courses
– our planning via visits, emails, phone calls, 24/7 text,
– guidance for your birth plan,
– assistance with referrals to obtain pregnancy massage, and any other modalities which you may require for your comfort, health, well-being during the final weeks of pregnancy. I am able, through my networks, to signpost the way to obtaining high quality physiotherapy, osteopathy, chiropractic, naturopath, podiatry for aching feet, acupuncture for turning a breech, or if overdue, or other issues.
– During the pregnancy we will have 1 or 2 private meetings at your home to discuss the plan, any ideas you wish to consult me on and any concerns you would like my thoughts on.
You can be assured and confident my responses to all your requests will be focused on taking the safest, healthiest, easiest, evidence based path.
I explain what your options are in a given situation and then support you in your decisions,
– During the labour and birth experience I’ll follow your birth plan preferences, guide you with my gentle soothing voice and “Cocoon” you in an ideal atmosphere (you’ll learn about all of this in the courses)
– I am by your side during the labour, birth of your baby, delivery of the placenta, the first breastfeed and bonding time,
– I will visit in hospital if desired and then follow up baby care support is also included.
I’m sure you’ll agree this is an extensive range of service I provide and is rarely available in Australia.
I am able to assist and support you personally through every aspect of your Transition into Parenthood, in a kindly, lovingly, motherly, and with insightfulness.
Kindness and compassion
Contact ‘phone numbers:
Home: 9544 6441 (mob) 0401265530 (email) [email protected]
|Julie's Course vs Hospital Based Course||Transition into Parenthood||Hospital Based Classes|
|Personalised attention by the educator to each couple||Yes||No|
|Full explanation of all your options available in any scenario||Yes||No|
|Ability to ask questions in an open friendly, supportive atmosphere||Yes||No|
|Comfortable cushions, relaxed, chilled, lounge room atmosphere||Yes||No|
|Inclusion & effective training of support techniques for partners||Yes||No|
|Balanced, not skewed info on medical interventions & pain medications||Yes||No|
|Ideal number of group attendees||4 – 8 couples||10 – 20 couples|
|New Up-to-date labour preparation information||Extensive coverage||only basic coverage|
|Smart, Safe and savvy baby care techniques||Extensive coverage||only basic coverage|
|Modern audio visual equipment and teaching aids||Yes||No|
|Professionally presented illustrated course notes to take home||Yes||No|
|Access to comprehensive free lending library of DVDs and books||Yes||Not at all|
|Best Products for pregnancy & early parenting avail for purchase||Yes||Not at all|
|Personal Baby Care Support Service avail with Julie, coming to your home, for ease and convenience||Yes||Not at all|
|Email & telephone support with Julie, 7 days a week||Yes||Not at all|