the Mindful Birth course
The new Mindful Birth Course by Julie explains the belief that woman can experience birth through the natural flow and rhythm of their labouring body; to release birthing over to their mind and body and to trust their body to function as it was intended to.
These are the courses midwives bring their own partners to truly prepare them in the easiest, most positive way, so they know what to do and say during labour.
The course explains the instinctual mind and body connection in childbirth and how a woman’s emotional state influences the birth both mentally and physically.
The program is founded on research from neuroscience, midwifery, obstetrics and epigenetics; and uses the extensive understanding of the relaxation response and its influence on birth.
Julie is one of the most popular and recommended active birth and baby care teachers due to her genuine respect for her clients, her kind, gentle manner and passion, enthusiasm and infectious positive attitude
Courses available during weekends, weekdays and evenings to suit your timing and lifestyle.
Course designed for couples with a maximum of 8 couples per course for personalised 1 on 1 instruction.
New Super Condensed Course delivers the course in just 1 day, ideal for shift workers, Police, Fireman, Nurses, Ambos etc.
Course dates and choices
Mindful Birth 2019 COURSES
Mindful Birth 2019 COURSES
*NEW* 2019 Combination Course SUPER CONDENSED ($670 when booked together)
– Unique Package of both courses in 2 days in the super condensed format held over 1 weekend, 2 days total.
– The most time efficient way to obtain all the information in one single weekend featuring both courses
– 2 x Super condensed workshop courses held over a single weekend Sat/Sun
– 6-8 Couples max per class
– ALL SESSIONS FROM 9am to 4:30pm
– Save $100 when booked as combination course
- 5 and 6 Jan 2019
- 1 and 2 June 2019 (the June long weekend)
- 31 Aug and 1 Sep 2019
- 30 Nov and 1 Dec 2019
- 21 and 22 Dec 2019
- 28 and 29 Dec 2019
Super condensed course format ideal for:
- Shift workers
- Police, Fire, Ambo’s, Nurses, etc.
- Very busy people who run their own business and are time poor,
- Couples who work and attend Uni
- Couples where it’s her first but he has a previous family and they have the other kids every 2nd weekend so can’t attend 2 weekends in a row
Take a Sneak Peak into Julie’s Classes
when to start?
Julie’s antenatal classes are ideally started when you are between 25-35 weeks pregnant, however many people do start later than this due to hectic schedules.
Ideally 6-8 couples maximum per course, allowing one on one attention and a more relaxed, boutique atmosphere.
Julie provides courses over weekends, during weekday nights and weekday days. Check the information below for full dates and time details.
All courses are delivered in English at Julie’s studio in Sylvania, about 20 minutes south of Sydney Airport.
The Pregnant couple learns
Birth Breathing Awareness
Birth Breathing Awareness made easy for women and their partners.
Relaxation techniques to practice during the pregnancy in preparation for labour.
Visualisation, imagination, mind and body link to utilise during the labour for a quicker and easier labour and birth experience.
Mindful Birth Course Benefits
Benefits you will gain from attending the Mindful Birth Course
- Provides a rich combination of proven techniques using special breathing, deep relaxation, visualisation, easy meditation and mindful concepts
- Provides layers of information to overcome fear, tension, anxiety, pain, stress, self-doubt to create of sense of self-control, comfortable self-awareness and increased confidence,
- Gives guidance on how to create a harmonious ability between mind and body in preparation for labour and birth to occur more easily, quicker and safely,
- The reduction of stress hormones Adrenalin and Cortisol during pregnancy using these techniques will mean a calmer hormone environment for the unborn baby
- This course does give good clear logical explanations to provide the pregnant woman and her partner with simple clarity on how to achieve a normal birth
- Those who do require medical assistance will be supported by all the provided information in their journey and be more content and resolved with the outcome as a result of the balanced approach of the content
- The life skills learnt in this course will continue to support you to remain grounded, balanced, with reduced anxiety in life generally for decades of parenting and beyond into the future
Benefits You and Your Partner Will Gain from attending Both of the Courses with Julie during your mid-late pregnancy
- Both courses mean The Mindful Birth Course and the Transition into Parenthood Course.
- Julie ensures each of her courses are wholesome, enriching, supportive, positive, and potentially increases the well-being of each participant
- Julie shares unique details in each course without doubling up or repeating or cross over of information - don't hesitate to book both, look forward to gaining wisdom
- You will gain a lot of useful, practical knowledge quickly and easily in a comfortable lounge environment, without any stress, pressure, or embarrassment
- Couples achieve a strong sense of becoming a more effective team in readiness for working together throughout birth and beyond into raising children as great parents
- To positively enhance the increased communication and bonding which naturally occurs during pregnancy, for each pregnant couple, to reduce the risk of family breakdown later
- To assist each mum and dad-to-be to thrive in their respective roles, to increase understanding, respect, togetherness, relationship bond and closeness so vital to begin parenthood
- These courses tend to automatically reduce anxiety and depression during your pregnancy which may possibly reduce post-partum depression risk as well
- Visit the Combination Course Page for more detail and to book both courses
About Julie Clarke
Child Birth and Parenting Educator, Birth Doula and Post Natal Doula / Baby Whisperer
For over 30 years Julie has had the pleasure of meeting with expectant parents, facilitating popular birth and parenting preparation courses, for pregnant couples, and being available as a professional Birth Doula support person during labour.
Mindful Birth Course provides:
This popular course imparts the knowledge of the latest birth preparation techniques such as: easy calm mindful breath awareness, deep relaxation, positive imagery, attitudes/expectancy, affirmations, understanding mind-body connection science, visualisation, and safe, natural strategies for reducing medical intervention to achieve a rewarding, easier, more comfortable stress-free birthing experience.
Mindful Birth is a pre-natal education program for pregnant couples preparing for a positive birth experience no matter how the birth unfolds.
The aim of the program is to help pregnant couples attending the classes eliminate the fear, experienced by many, in relation to their approaching labour and birth.
This amazing course is rich with life skills, women’s birthing wisdom, insightful and inspirational ideas for men and women equally, it’s easy to participate, comfortable, pleasurable, amusing and feels so very worthwhile.
Switch anxiety, fear, self-doubt, worry into confidence, knowledge, understanding, empowerment and self-awareness. Julie’s courses will boost your relationship to yourself and with each other to prepare you well for becoming a family moving forward with wonderful values and goals.
During the course, couples discover how the laboring mother’s body responds physiologically when fear is present, how to prevent it from happening or overcome it if it does occur.
They also learn practical skills of Relaxation, Breathing and Creative Visualization which are used during pregnancy, labour, childbirth and beyond.
Calm Mindful Hypno book and Mp3 audio files are made available free; included in the course cost, at the first session, to take home for your own reference and continued practise
Mindful Birth options:
2 x Saturday or Sunday: Condensed course 9am to 4.30pm
1 weekend Saturday/Sunday course 9am to 4.30pm
1 x Saturday or Sunday Super condensed course workshop 9am to 4.30pm
1 x Weekday Super Condensed course workshop 9am to 4.30pm
4 x Evening Course, one evening per week 7pm
Individual tailored sessions, held discreetly, confidentially for celebrities, public figures. by private appointment with Julie 0401265530
Mindful Birth course inclusions:
- The Mindful Hypno Birthing Book by Sophie Fletcher
- 12 Audio Files of Julie’s calming voice covering relaxation visualisation segments
- Beautiful relaxation music suitable to play during labour and 2 documentaries
- 1 sample bag called a Baobag with brochures, free samples of quality mum and bub products
- Access to Julie via mobile, email, text anytime to ask questions, and receive assistance
- All attendees have the opportunity to have Julie as their Birth Doula
- All attendees have the opportunity to have Julie to assist them with the Baby Care Support Service
- All mums welcome to come along to Julie’s free “Pram Walking Group at Cronulla” one weekday morning each week.
In the Mindful Birth course, expectant parents will learn:
What to reasonably expect during pregnancy, birth and parenting
Exactly how to take the fear out of normal childbirth and why you’d want to
Evidenced based, effective breath awareness techniques to use in labour
Guidance on working with the anatomy and physiology of normal birth, for a quicker, easier birth for mother and baby
Why mindset, attitudes, intentions, expectancy and imagery can make all the difference to birth experience outcomes
The role of hormones and how they are your helpers
How to work “with” your body instead of fighting against it
Precisely how to use deep relaxation during the pregnancy to be “labour ready” for a quicker, easier, satisfying, stress-free birth
How “real” birth differs from Hollywood stereotypes and why
Variations on “textbook” labour, and how to respond to them
The physical and emotional roadmap of the birth experience
How to use visualisation for a shorter labour
Comfort measures for labour and birth including practical tools and strategies for reducing medical interventions
How to communicate and negotiate with staff
Guidance for partners on how to reduce her anxiety, self-doubt and enable her to be uninhibited during labour
How scientifically this is proven to be ideal preparation no matter how the birth is completed
How to allow instinctive and intuitive responses to uncurl
Enhancing your relationship as a couple, bonding and working as a team throughout pregnancy, birth and beyond
Transition into Parenthood Course:
Active Birth Techniques – for quicker easier birth and Newborn Baby Care Prep Course
Mindful Birth Course:
Mind and Body Wisdom Skills for Birth: Breathing, Relaxation, Mindfulness, Visualisation
“Combined Booking” includes doing both courses for the wisest, thorough preparation to reduce confusion, anxiety, fear, stress, before and after the birth. Partner’s are welcome, respected, included, have fun and gain insights into their role.
Best option to enhance your amazing pregnancy:
the 2 x day condensed version of both courses will equip you and your partner to work well together as an effective loving team as you start your family.