the Calm Mindful Birth course
These are the courses midwives bring their own partners to truly prepare them in the easiest, most positive way, so they know what to do and say during labour.
The course explains the instinctual mind and body connection in childbirth and how a woman’s emotional state influences the birth both mentally and physically.
The program is founded on research from neuroscience, midwifery, obstetrics and epigenetics; and uses the extensive understanding of the relaxation response and its influence on birth.
Course dates and choices
CALM MINDFUL BIRTH 2018 + 2019 COURSES
CALM MINDFUL BIRTH 2018 + 2019 COURSES
*NEW* 2019 Combination Course SUPER CONDENSED ($670 when booked together)
– Unique Package of both courses in 2 days in the super condensed format held over 1 weekend, 2 days total.
– The most time efficient way to obtain all the information in one single weekend featuring both courses
– 2 x Super condensed workshop courses held over a single weekend Sat/Sun
– 6-8 Couples max per class
– ALL SESSIONS FROM 9am to 4:30pm
– Save $100 when booked as combination course
- 5 and 6 Jan 2019
- 1 and 2 June 2019 (the June long weekend)
- 31 Aug and 1 Sep 2019
- 30 Nov and 1 Dec 2019
- 21 and 22 Dec 2019
- 28 and 29 Dec 2019
Super condensed course format ideal for:
- Shift workers
- Police, Fire, Ambo’s, Nurses, etc.
- Very busy people who run their own business and are time poor,
- Couples who work and attend Uni
- Couples where it’s her first but he has a previous family and they have the other kids every 2nd weekend so can’t attend 2 weekends in a row
Take a Sneak Peak into Julie's Classes
when to start?
The Pregnant couple learns
Birth Breathing Awareness
Calm Mindful Birth Course Benefits
Benefits you will gain from attending the Calm Mindful Birth Course
- Provides a rich combination of proven techniques using special breathing, deep relaxation, visualisation, easy meditation and mindful concepts
- Provides layers of information to overcome fear, tension, anxiety, pain, stress, self-doubt to create of sense of self-control, comfortable self-awareness and increased confidence,
- Gives guidance on how to create a harmonious ability between mind and body in preparation for labour and birth to occur more easily, quicker and safely,
- The reduction of stress hormones Adrenalin and Cortisol during pregnancy using these techniques will mean a calmer hormone environment for the unborn baby
- This course does give good clear logical explanations to provide the pregnant woman and her partner with simple clarity on how to achieve a normal birth
- Those who do require medical assistance will be supported by all the provided information in their journey and be more content and resolved with the outcome as a result of the balanced approach of the content
- The life skills learnt in this course will continue to support you to remain grounded, balanced, with reduced anxiety in life generally for decades of parenting and beyond into the future
Benefits You and Your Partner Will Gain from attending Both of the Courses with Julie during your mid-late pregnancy
- Both courses mean The Calm Mindful Birth Course and the Transition into Parenthood Course.
- Julie ensures each of her courses are wholesome, enriching, supportive, positive, and potentially increases the well-being of each participant
- Julie shares unique details in each course without doubling up or repeating or cross over of information - don't hesitate to book both, look forward to gaining wisdom
- You will gain a lot of useful, practical knowledge quickly and easily in a comfortable lounge environment, without any stress, pressure, or embarrassment
- Couples achieve a strong sense of becoming a more effective team in readiness for working together throughout birth and beyond into raising children as great parents
- To positively enhance the increased communication and bonding which naturally occurs during pregnancy, for each pregnant couple, to reduce the risk of family breakdown later
- To assist each mum and dad-to-be to thrive in their respective roles, to increase understanding, respect, togetherness, relationship bond and closeness so vital to begin parenthood
- These courses tend to automatically reduce anxiety and depression during your pregnancy which may possibly reduce post-partum depression risk as well
- Visit the Combination Course Page for more detail and to book both courses
About Julie Clarke
Birth Educator, Doula and Baby Whisperer
For over 20 years Julie has had the pleasure of meeting with expectant parents, facilitating popular birth and parenting preparation courses, for pregnant couples, and being available as a professional Birth Doula support person during labour.
There is not a type of birth Julie has not attended, over 150 so far and counting.
what’s included in the calm mindful birth course
- The Mindful Hypno Birthing Book by Sophie Fletcher
- 12 Audio Files of my voice covering relaxation visualisation segments
- 1 x MP3 file of beautiful relaxation music suitable to play during labour and 2 documentaries (clients provide the USB stick and I download from my computer and give it to them to keep)
- 1 sample bag called a Baobag with brochures, free samples of quality mum and bub products
- Direct access to Julie via mobile, email, text anytime they have questions, problems, require assistance.
- All attendees have the opportunity to contract Julie as their Birth Doula; Julie not available to non-attendees of the courses.
- All attendees have the opportunity to contract Julie to assist them with the Baby Care Support Service.
- All mums have the opportunity to come along to Julie’s free “Pram Walking Group at Cronulla” one weekday morning each week.